Cinnamon Kamote-cue (Sweet Potato Cinnamon Caramel)




A teleportation machine is very much welcome.

Scene 1: Trapped in a labyrinth with a bunch of hungry zombies. What do you do?
Scene 2: Running breathlessly alone, again with this hungry bunch of zombies. No where to go....

Nope, that's not the scenario of the latest horror flick I saw but the product of my corrupted mind. I tell you, for two consecutive nights I have been "night-maring" about these horrifying scenes. I don't need to be a rocket scientist to interpret what this means.

In two weeks time, I will be off to Philippines for a six weeks business cum pleasure trip. I am definitely excited to be back home but my fear of flying is camouflaging my joy. No glass of vodka nor a handful of sleeping pills and a good movie could calm me down on this looong 12 hours flight. I'm sweating, my fingers are starting to get numb...help me.


In time with my upcoming trip I'll be sending off some of this delicious copy cat of Camote-cue (Sweet Potato Barbeque in Cinnamon Caramel) Maria of Palachincka our lovely host for Sugar High Friday, this month's theme is all about copy cat sweets. Sugar High Friday is an event for sweet tooth people like me created by Jennifer of Domestic Goddess. Camote-cues are part of my sweet childhood food memories. They are better than lollipops because you can munch them without fear. And I can't wait to taste the real ones.



Camote Cue (Sweet Potato in Cinnamon Caramel)

about 1 -2 sweet potato (depending on the size) peeled and sliced
half a kilo of brown sugar
one cup of cooking oil
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
bamboo sticks

In your wok put your cooking oil and let it boil. Then add all your sliced sweet potato. Cook them for about 5-8 minutes. Then add your brown sugar directly. Stir them from time to time as the sugar melts. Once the sugar has completely caramelized add your cinnamon powder. Remove the sweet potato and let the oil drip. Serve them like barbecues using your bamboo sticks.




Try my other sweet recipes:
Beignets (French Donut)
Orange souffle


Comments