Banana Almond Dulche de Leche Bread


The dilemna...

The other day I didn't know that a pleasant surprise was waiting for me on our mailbox: my monthly paycheck. When I opened it my eyes almost dropped upon seeing how much I was paid for last month. Holy gracious! I never realised until today how generously I was paid by this company for the part-time job I am doing for them.

For the moment, I was in heaven. My stars were twinkling, I was already imagining how lavishly and stupidly I will spend this money: bags, shoes, perfume and clothes. Specially it's the "Sales" season in France. Yay! But then this euphoric moment didn't last that long when I realised that "Sales" just ended yesterday. Sigh. That came really close.

And just like Joey Tribiani, it took a while for me before I get the picture of the real problem here. Big salary is synonymous with higher tax imposed on household patrimony. Oh my, with hubby's recent salary increase and this..."He mustn't see this, I gotta burn this proof now ! "

I went to amazon.com, that's the fastest way of burning the evidence :-)

For banana lovers out there, here's my entry for Weekend Herb Blogging, that delicious blogging event created by Kalyn of Kalyn's Kitchen now in the caring wings of Haalo of Cook Almost Anything at Once. This week's host is the lovely Cheryl of Gluten Free Goodness. Check her out for droolworthy round-up.


Banana-Almond Dulche de leche Bread
for one loaf

200 g of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
3 medium eggs
150 g of brown sugar
100 g of melted butter
10 g of melted butter for the baking dish
100 g of almond shivels
4 pieces of mashed over-ripe bananas
3 tablespoons of Home-made dulche de leche
a pinch of salt

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, sugar,salt and baking powder. Break the eggs and incorporate it with the dry ingredients. Pour in the melted butter. Add the dulche de leche. Mix the bananas and almonds. Mix well. Butter your baking dish and preheat the oven at 180° celsius. Pour the mixture on the loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with some brown sugar and almonds. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. You can serve this with drizzles of dulche de leche and creme chantilly.


My other banana recipes:

Banana Chocolate Crepe
Banana Fake Tiramisu
Banana Nutella Swirl Muffin








Comments