Lemon Yogurt Mini-Cakes




Lemon Yogurt Mini-cakes

I have been hesitating for weeks. Should I or shouldn't I?

Well you see this recipe is supposed to be red and white, the color of Swiss National flag. And how could I miss that? After all these colors are so basic.

As I sat in front of my computer I just thought this actually isn't the first time I had trouble with colors. In our high-school graduation day I was the only one wearing a pair of green shoes. Imagine my embarassement when I realised that it was not black at all. I was totally convinced it was when I bought it with my sister. And of course that purple dress we are all supposed to wear for our classroom presentation, I could still hear the laughter of my classmates when they saw me arriving with my dress totally different from theirs. Whew, It's hard to be colorblind.



As I sip my hot coffee this morning, I just thought what the heck I will be sending this anyway. I am sure she will love this despite that color problem. Of course this is my entry to Zorra's Swiss National Day: Red, white, Swiss blog event.



Lemon Yogurt and Red fruits Mini-cakes
1 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 3 eggs 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided grated zest of 2 lemons 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 50 g of butter (about half a stick) juice of 2 lemons about 250 g of red fruits
about 10 g of butter to grease your ramekin

In a bowl whisk the eggs with yogurt , vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar. Add some salt and melted butter. Fold in the all purpose flour and baking powder. Grease your ramekin and pour your lemon yogurt cake mixture. Top it with red fruits. Preheat the oven at 180° celsius (350°F) and bake it for about 20-30 minutes. Let it cool.



You can also try my other fruit based dessert recipes:

Strawberry and Rhubarb Turnovers
Mango and Blueberry Opera Cake
Coconut and Cranberry Danish Braid
Banana and Honey Muffins
Pineapple and ginger Creme Brulée





Comments