Home-made Apricot Cinnamon Jam

Apricot Cinnamon Jam

Vegetables are the food of the earth; fruit seems more the food of the heavens. ~Sepal Felicivant

In few days, France will officially enter summer season. And when summer comes, fruit comes too. Our market is once again flooded with all the colorful and delicious summer fruits. I can't hardly wait As I finish off today the last jar of Apricot jam I made last summer 2007 I am already imagining the taste of fresh apricots I will eat, yum!

It's Wednesday edition again of my Wordless Home-made Recipes.


Apricot Cinnamon Jam
makes about 5 jars

1 kilo of apricot (very ripe in preference)
1 kilo of sugar
1 teasepoon of cinnamon
1 vanilla pod

Start first by macerating the apricot with sugar. You will be needing a big salad bowl to put the sugar together with your apricots cut in halves and seed removed. Cut the vanilla pod into two and take the grains inside and put it in your apricot. Include also the vanilla pod. Let it macerate until the mixture gives out its own juice, thats about at least an hour. I always cook my jam in a crock pot but you can use any thick casserole. Pour the apricot-sugar mixture. Put your cinnamon powder and let it cook slowly over low fire for a long time (probably an hour). Some use thermometer to determine until when to stop cooking since I dont have I just check the consistency every now and then. Once it becomes a bit like a syrup. I remove it from fire. I pour it over my pasteurized jars, cover them and put them upside down. You can keep them normally for a year.



Jamming with Apricot jam

Comments