Apricot Almond Ginger Confit Devils Cake

Apricot Almond Ginger Confit Devil's Cake

The Devil wears Prada.

I am pretty sure that most of you have read the book or saw the movie. Not that my post will talk about the plight of this helpless Fashion editor assistant, its just simply that I thought about this book as prepare this chocolate cake and that phone call I got few weeks ago. Well you see few weeks ago I received a call from Elle's magazine wishing to feature an article about my fashion brand and my creations. I was ecstatic naturally. But lots of things happened after that that phonecall that has derailed my thoughts and focus. Its been weeks that I am floating and I haven't started things that I needed to do. It is hard when its the brain that's draining up. I know I needed a break so badly. It won't be long it will be just for few days, enough for me to work on my creations and pending projects.

So for this edition of my Friday Dose of Chocolate, I'll be leaving you with a slice of this delicious chocolate cake and a quote from Arnold Schwarzenegger's famous line; I'll be back!


This will be my entry for this month's Royal Food Joust, hosted by Jen of Leftover Queen.

Apricot, Almonds, Ginger Confit Devil's Cake with hint of chili

4 eggs

120 g of butter
100 g of dried apricot (chopped)
150 g of almonds (chopped)
about 2 tablespoons of ginger confit (chopped)

80 g of flour

150 g of sugar
200 g of dark chocolate

for the chocolate ganache
150 g of dark chocolate
10 cl of fresh cream
half a teaspoon of chili powder

Start by melting the butter and the chocolate. Mix them well until it become homogenous. Beat the eggs with the sugar and flour. Fold in the butter-chocolate mixture and mix them well. Put the chopped almonds, ginger confit and apricot in the cake mixture. Grease a round baking dish of about 20 cm, and pour the cake mixture. Bake in the preheated oven at 180° celsius for 30 to 35 minutes. Let the cake cool before unmolding it.

For the chocolate ganache, melt the chocolate and blend it well. This helps your chocolate becomes brilliant and shiny. Pour your warm fresh cream and mix well. Add your chili powder.

How long can you resist?

Comments