Banana and Honey Muffin with Nutella Swirl and a fashion show

Go banana with this muffin,
Banana & Honey muffin with Nutella Swirl

When I was still in the world of fashion the month of February is normally our busy days. The textile and future trends salon in Paris and of course the match awaited fashion shows of world's top-notch fashion designers with the likes of Karl Lagerfeld, Jean Paul Gaultier, Sonia Rykiel and others. It is for us the occassion to know what will be the fashion trends for the next collection. It is always inspiring to see how imaginative and creative they could be once you saw each collection walks in the catway. It is normally from there you start to germinate your own collection. And of course the excitement doubles when it is your work that is in the limelight. I must admit that the real thing I miss in this profession is the creativity part, brainstorming, designing, choosing the materials to work with and without forgetting my tons of friends in the business.

I have no regrets taking a pause in this industry to give way to my most beautiful creation (my daughter) and besides everyday I get a chance to liberate my artistic flair in the kitchen everytime I concoct a recipe for my blog. :-)

With very limited ingredients left in my fridge plus a little bit of my imagination enjoy this sweet muffin recipe with the small clip of the last spring-summer collection I designed.


Banana& Honey Muffin with Nutella Swirl

250 g of flour
100 g of sugar
6 tbsps of Honey
3 ripe bananas
50 g of bitter sweet chocolate
50 g of Nutella
3 eggs
1 sachet of baking powder
5 cl of milk

In bowl whisk the egg with sugar and honey. Eventually add the flour and baking powder. Pour in the milk and mix well until it becomes homogenous. In a separate bowl crush the bananas using the back of the fork and them in the mixture. Melt the chocolate bar in bain marie. Once the chocolate have completely melted add the nutella and mix well. Add half of this mixture in the egg-flour-honey-milk mixture. Pour the muffin mixture in muffin trays or in a ramekin. Add the swirl of nutella at the top of each muffin. Pre-heat the oven at 180° celsius and bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes. Before serving I glaced my muffins in honey to make it brilliant and shiny.




My Fairtrade Spring-Summer Collection


For my french readers, the french version of this muffin recipe is here: http://www.lesfoodies.com/hilda/recette/muffin-pomme-romarin

Comments