Best Pork Ribs by Colleen

Hi Barbara,

I tried the Best Pork ribs recipe on Alexandra's Kitchen blog that Tara told me about. It was very easy and everyone enjoyed it:

3-4 lbs pork ribs rinsed and patted dry.

Sprinkle both sides with freshly cracked pepper, kosher salt and smoked paprika. Pack on 1- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar. Wrap in heavy duty foil, three times. Bake at 275 degrees for 2.5 hours. Remove from oven and let sit unopened for 1 hour. Reheat at 350 for 15 minutes or reheat under broiler for a few minutes. If refrigerated, reheat for 45 minutes.  Serve!

The recipe did not give amounts except for the brown sugar. I put on too much cracked pepper. I made the ribs the day before we ate them, so I scraped off a lot of the pepper before I refrigerated them and it toned it
down a lot. I would guess about 2 teaspoons of cracked pepper, about a tablespoon of smoked paprika and 1 tablespoon of kosher salt. But it all depends on the size of the slab. Next time I'm going to add a little garlic
powder too.

The ribs were fall of the bone tender.

No photo as I just doesn't occur to me to photograph things while in the kitchen!

           ----Colleen

Comments