Strawberry Salad



Do your remember the movie Night of the Living Dead?

Well that's exactly how I feel right now. Only I'm not the one running from them but the creepy "Zombie" itself. This is the result of numerous weeks of accumulated lack of sleep. And I tell you no amount of coffee could bring me back to the world of the living.

Maybe some of you guys who have kids could help me out on this battle. It has been several weeks now that our little girl cries in the middle of the night. We normally let her cry and wait for her to fall asleep again., But lately she could stand for almost an hour crying (much to the disgust of our neighbors I'm sure) until we go and check her out. My husband and I would try our best to console and assure her so she would go back sleeping again. But she won't stop crying until we bring her to our bed and let her sleep in the middle of us. And that is definitely out of the question. Hubby and I would play "good cop bad cop strategy" in front of her to convince her to stay in her room and sleep on her crib. Imagine that scenario that runs for hour and hour with the ear breaking symphony of my daughter's cry in the middle of the night. Naturally of course, I give up and cedes to her.

But last night, hubby and I were really fed up on this so we let her cry to her voice and eyes content and decided to leave her on the room. But before we could even close her door, we saw right before our very eyes my daugther hurdled the high bars of her crib and jump out of it unharmed like a flying ninja. "That was dangerous!", hubby shouted as I calmed downed myself after almost having a heart attack. They rarely put Jackie Chan movie on french tv where on earth she could have learned that stunt? This afternoon, we'll definitely passing by IKEA.

And please don't shout at me "AGAIN", the talented Happycook of My Kitchen Treasures is hosting a Strawberry Feast an event to honor this versatile and forever in fashion fruit. I'll be sending this strawberry salad for that event. So if you love strawberry don't forget to check out the round-up.


Strawberry Mozarella Salad

Ingredients:

about 250 grams of strawberries ( I used the garriguette variety common in Southern France, small but highly sweet in flavor)
1 ball of mozzarella (cut in to cubes)
1 small block of feta cheese (optional)I just used them for they've been on my fridge for a long time now
250 g of different kinds of salad (mizuna, arugula, mache, young spinach)

Vinaigrette:
2 tablespoons of balsamique vinegar
half a teaspoon of dijon mustard (à l'ancienne)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
some salt
pepper
chopped fresh basil leaves
some fresh thymes

Procedure:
In a bowl mix your vinaigrette and set it aside. In a bowl mix the salad, the cut strawberries, mozarella and feta cheese. Just before serving toss them with your sauce. I served them with my home-baked black olives foccacia.







Comments