The wonderful Susan is hosting a meaningful food event campaigning against Osteoporosis thru Beautiful Bones. She wants us to recall that women have high risk of developing osteoporosis and we should take precautions at all ages.

I believe that this is a worthy cause and so I concocted a high protein and calcium recipe. I am not really a dietitian but I know that lentils have high nutritional value and health benefits for their protein and fiber content. Cheese is very important too in providing the calcium that we need to have stronger bones that is if we have aversion for milk. Before I met my husband I used to hate drinking milk and eating cheeses (that probably explain my height J). As the saying goes, “when inFrance do as the French do”, I eat slowly, I savor each meal and most importantly I eat lots of cheese. I think there is no secret to a healthy long life but good diet, exercise, healthy living and lots of happy thoughts.
I am sending over this photo too to Click, my favorite monthly photo event spearheaded by Jai and Bee of Jugalbandi. This month's theme are beans & lentils.

I believe that this is a worthy cause and so I concocted a high protein and calcium recipe. I am not really a dietitian but I know that lentils have high nutritional value and health benefits for their protein and fiber content. Cheese is very important too in providing the calcium that we need to have stronger bones that is if we have aversion for milk. Before I met my husband I used to hate drinking milk and eating cheeses (that probably explain my height J). As the saying goes, “when in
I am sending over this photo too to Click, my favorite monthly photo event spearheaded by Jai and Bee of Jugalbandi. This month's theme are beans & lentils.
Half a bunch of arugula
Half a pound of cooked beet thinly sliced
Half a cup of cooked lentils
Half a cup of feta cheese sliced thinly
Dressing:
2 tbsp of wine vinegar
1 tsp of
4 tbsp of olive oil
Salt and pepper

Comments
Post a Comment